Our vision is bold. Our methods are proven. And our results speak for themselves.
Williamsburg Learning graduates have been admitted to some of the most selective universities, including Harvard, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical, Northwestern, Hillsdale, BYU, London School of Economics, Yale Business School, Dartmouth, Harding, Boston College, and more. Many of our students are able to attend their first college of choice. One hundred percent of alumni surveyed said that Williamsburg Learning prepared them well for college.
Is Leadership Academy of Utah accredited?
Yes. Leadership Academy is accredited by Cognia* and the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC). Cognia is one of the largest organizations of educational professionals in the world and accrediting partner to over 30,000 schools and school systems. ACS WASC provides assistance to over 5,000 schools worldwide, primarily in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. View our Cognia certificate here.
All credit earned at Leadership Academy of Utah is recognized by all other schools accredited by Cognia and ACS WASC. It is also recognized by most high schools accredited by other organizations. Most public and private high schools do recognize and accept transfer credit from Leadership Academy of Utah.
Our graduates have been admitted to some of the most selective universities in the United States.
*Note: Cognia was formerly AdvancedEd.
In 2014, Williamsburg Learning was honored by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) with the world’s most prestigious distance learning award presented for excellence in distance learning! The USDLA Awards were created to acknowledge major accomplishments in distance learning and to highlight those distance learning instructors, programs, and professionals who have achieved and demonstrated extraordinary results through the use of online, videoconferencing, satellite, and blended learning delivery technologies.
“As a premier organization for the entire distance learning profession, we are honoring Williamsburg as a leader in the industry,” said Dr. John G. Flores, Executive Director of USDLA and Program Professor at Nova Southeastern University. “Williamsburg has raised the bar of excellence, and we are truly honored by Leadership Academy of Utah’s contributions within all distance learning constituencies.”
“This year’s USDLA Awards recipient, Williamsburg, represents the finest examples of online courses, best practices, and leadership in our field. The depth and breadth of the USDLA membership allows us to engage with leaders from higher education, K-12, industry, military, and government who daily demonstrate the power of distance learning. We are so very proud and excited to be able to recognize this level of excellence,” said Ms. Jenny Jopling, President of USDLA.
We partner with Williamsburg Adventures (WAD) to offer our students opportunities to take humanitarian and adventure trips around the world. Our students have had adventures in places such as Nepal, Guatemala, Germany, France, Morocco, and Peru. We’re excited for this year’s upcoming adventures! We are huge advocates of students experiencing adventures that stretch them to do things they never before thought possible. This is how they gain the skills necessary to impact the world.
Our students also have the yearly opportunity to attend Elevation, a week-long adventure camp packed with nature, physical activity, and group-strengthening activities. The purpose of Elevation is for students to become elevated in their leadership and relationships. Physical activities vary by location and season and may include rock climbing, rappelling, ascending, canyoneering, survival, archery, astronomy, yoga, and more. We believe that nature is an indispensable teacher for youth. Elevation takes them out of their day-to-day activities and places them in direct contact with mentors, peers, and the natural environment, causing them to engage in introspection and ponder the meaning of life.
Our Hiring Process
Our online program allows us to hire mentors with differing perspectives and talents, a range of life experiences, and various methods of connecting to and interacting with our students. We have the highest standards in the industry when it comes to hiring mentors who are exceptionally talented at teaching and building meaningful relationships with students. In addition, we provide world-class professional development for our mentors.
Here are qualifications we look for in each of our mentors:
- Must deeply own their own education and be able to show plenty of evidence in their lives that they have gone beyond the normal educational paths due to their own initiative. Learned languages, traveled, worked on higher level degrees, had significant and unique life experience that they can bring into the classroom. Bachelor’s degree is a minimum, but many of our staff have advanced degrees.
- Must be engaging in the classroom
- Must be willing to continue to grow
- Must be highly organized and responsive
- Must have a deep understanding and investment in their area of mentorship
- Must be principled leaders who faithfully live by their individual moral compass
- Must love connecting with students and supporting them on their paths
- If chosen for the role, they will be asked to commit many hours to professional development right away.
- Rigorous ongoing PD, including the option to complete the intensive “Mentor Mastery” curriculum.
- Potential mentors practice teach in their interview
- We check references
- Rarely we waive the bachelor’s degree requirement for someone who has shown extraordinary investment in personal education, leadership, life experience or entrepreneurship
Want More Proof?
- We’ve prepared thousands of kids for college with over 29,000 course enrollments.
- We have the highest percentage of course completion in online k-12 education.
- Ninety-five percent of parents recommend our school.
- Sixty-seven percent of our growth comes from word of mouth.
- We’ve won financial competitions with brick-and-mortar schools in Investment Portfolio Management.
- We’ve placed students at Ivy-League schools and other top universities in the country.