Ready to sign up for classes?
Things to Know Before Selecting Courses
Students are required to take at least four classes for Middle School (minimum 2 Core classes) and five classes for High School (minimum 3 Core Classes) from LAU.
Students may choose up to two different In-Person Learning course types shown below (per semester):
- Innovative Learning Center
- Funded Independent Course
- Outdoor Adventures
Note: ILC participation requires that students enroll and participate in the full day of classes.
LAU will cover the cost for all eligible LAU students to attend Elevation one time per school year. See eligibility requirements here.
Course registration for Fall and Winter semesters opens Monday of the first week of April for the upcoming school year.
Students accepted to LAU must register for classes according to the deadlines outlined in the table below.
|Date Accepted to LAU||Deadline to Register|
|During Open Enrollment (January) to the first day of Fall registration||14 days from open of Fall registration|
|First day of Fall registration to June 30||14 days from date of acceptance|
|July 1 to July 31||7 days from date of acceptance|
|August 1 or later||48 hours from date of acceptance|
Students that are not registered within the required time frame will be at risk of losing their spot at LAU. Email reminders for class registration will be sent to students after they have been admitted to LAU.
Steps to Register
At LAU, parents get to choose the days/times of courses for which their children register. The course selection process is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Review our recommended course paths for middle school or high school. Create a list of the courses your student needs to take in the Fall and Winter semesters.
- Consult the live course schedules for middle school or high school. Make a list of your preferred live class meeting times.
- Log into SIS.
- In SIS, under My Students > Registration, find the courses you need, select your preferred class meeting times, and complete the registration process. You can ignore the tuition prices unless you’re planning to self-pay for a course (e.g. those that LAU doesn’t pay for, like summer classes or a second Elevation session).
Please email our academic counselor, Kate Chaney, if you have questions or need help creating your student’s perfect schedule.