Astronomy Night 6-28-19
West side of Antelope Island (see map & instructions)
Astronomy Night is available to High School Students on a sign-up basis only. Parents and supervised siblings of signed up students may join us for stargazing. We have enough equipment to provide 20-25 students with a great learning opportunity. If interest level is high we will have another event in July!
Date: Friday, June 28th
Time: 9:00 PM – Sunrise Saturday June 29
Location: Antelope Island – west side
In the White Rock Loop, Lakeside group area (LSGA)
Additional Details: We are allowed 20 vehicles at no charge. Additional vehicles will be charged $18. Please carpool. There is parking outside of the gate, individuals can meet there and carpool in. Mr. Jensen will be attending and is happy to shuttle any students into the park. Park Gates close at 10:00 PM NO ONE will be admitted after that. The gate will be closed, but cars will be able to exit after hours (approach the gate slowly, it will open).
- Camp Chair
- Jacket/coat – (Dress warm)
- Snacks and drinks to help you stay awake
- Binoculars and telescopes if you have them
Important to know:
- There will be NO FIRE so we have the best possible view of the sky.
- Flush restrooms and water are located at Bridger Bay Beach (approximately 1 mile away).
- Biting gnats (no-see-ums) are typically bad from April to June. Fine mesh head nets are helpful. Insect repellent is ineffective.
Want to join us? Sign up HERE
Please email Sharla at – Sharla@lautah.org with any questions