Now is the time for Seniors to start applying for college and scholarships for next fall. The College & Scholarships section on our Counseling Resources page contains links you may need as you begin this process.
Below are the essential steps you need to take now if you want to be eligible for college-specific scholarships:
Essential Steps to Take Now
- Determine which schools and scholarships you want to apply for.
- Students must apply to the school(s) of choice to be eligible for school-specific scholarships.
- Pay close attention to priority deadline dates for each school.
- The Colleges & Student Aid link contains a list of national scholarships, Utah-specific scholarships, toolkits, guides, and more.
- Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- A FAFSA application is required for federal financial aid such as loans and grants.
- A FAFSA application is generally required for state and institution scholarships as well as work-study opportunities.
- Federal awards are first come first serve— apply early!
- See Colleges & Student Aid for more on FAFSA.
If you have any questions or need help, please email Shauna Larson.