Below is a list of curriculum updates we are planning for the 2020-21 school year. Please note that this list is subject to change as we get closer to the fall semester. We will be updating the course pages affected by these changes soon and will keep you posted on any further updates.
If you have questions about our curriculum or need help choosing the best courses for your student, please give us a call at 800-200-6869 or send us an email.
- Beginning in fall 2020, we are moving our withdrawal deadline to be 28 days from the first day of the semester. The withdrawal deadline is the last day a student can withdraw from a course and get a W instead of an F on their transcript.
Middle School & High School Math
- All courses (live and self-paced) are transitioning to CK-12 instead of Khan Academy as our math skills practice platform. We piloted CK-12 with students this year and saw significantly positive results, so we are excited about this change.
- 8th Grade Math A/B and Pre-Algebra A/B are now one class: Intro to High School Math A/B. Students can enroll in Intro to High School Math during middle school or high school, depending on their current skill level.
- We are offering a self-paced version of Calculus for the first time starting this fall. Stay tuned for more details to come!
Middle School Language Arts
- The Middle School Writing Program is now Middle School Language Arts.
- Writing 8 A/B is now Language Arts 8 A/B (stay tuned for a new course description coming soon).
- For students in 8th grade, Language Arts 8 A/B is will be a required core course while Humanities 8 A/B will become an elective.
High School Language Arts
- The High School Writing Program is merging into the High School Language Arts Program.
- Journalism will no longer be offered as a course. Journalism and The Burger Gazette publication will be offered as a club for students in 2020-21.
- Writing & Rhetoric will no longer have separate class sessions for students taking the Classic and Honors versions. Students in both versions will attend the same class sessions.
Again, stay tuned for more information about these changes and full website updates as we get closer to next school year. We’re excited to serve your family in 2020-21!