As we approach the end of this semester, I can’t help feeling a deep sense of pride in all of our students and mentors. This school year has brought challenges like no other, yet we have all shifted and adapted to meet them. We have all worked together to figure out this “new normal,” and our students continue to have transformational learning experiences!
Please keep in mind that final exams and projects are coming up quickly. As always, if there is anything we can do to support your student, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Executive Director, LAU
Confirm your student’s courses for next semester: With just two weeks left in this semester, it’s time to double-check your student’s courses for winter 2021 and make any final changes! We still have seats available in several courses your student may want to add. To confirm, make changes, or add to your student’s winter courses, log in to SIS. Then click on “My Students,” select the student you want to register, and click on “Registration” to view classes.
Proctoring reminder: Students must secure a proctor for final exams in high school math, science, and social studies courses. They may either use an approved live proctor or sign up for ProctorU, an online service we provide free of charge. (We highly recommend ProctorU in the interest of social distancing.) Instructions for both of these options are included in the Secure Your Proctor assignment in your student’s Canvas courses. For any questions about proctoring, please contact us.
Review of ILC attendance policy:
- If your student is healthy, please have them attend in-person ILC classes if possible, rather than watch the recordings.
- Please do not send your student to an in-person class if they feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- All students, including ILC students, are required to log into Canvas each week and submit assignments.
- If your student needs to take time off with your family, please submit an absence request form.
Vision screenings: LAU is required to provide vision screenings for all 7th and 9th-grade students. By default, all students will be offered a screening, but you can click here to opt out. Any student is welcome to participate in the vision screening regardless of age, and you can register your student for a screening here. Please email Suzanne Jensen with any questions. Screenings will take place at the following locations:
- January 5: Ogden ILC at 9:00 AM
- January 5: Pleasant Grove ILC at 2:15 PM
- January 7: Logan ILC at 10:30 AM
- By appointment at the Clearfield office
Important information for LAU Chromebook users: LAU has recently made some security updates for Chromebooks. Please note the following:
- Students must log in under firstname.lastname@example.org email only. Chromebooks will no longer accept any other email logins.
- If your student needs to reset their password, please email email@example.com.
Helpful scholarship tips from Study.com: Study.com offers comprehensive financial aid and scholarship guides. Click here for details on these helpful resources for your student.
Today: High school Inspiration Hour at 1:00 PM MT – Mindfulness, Meditation, and Creative Visualization
Today: Christmas-Themed First Friday Game Night at 6:00 PM MT with Heidi Mitchell – Find more info on the FFGN page in Homeroom
December 10: Thursday Night Live Christmas at 4:00 PM MT – Find more info on the TNL page in Homeroom
December 11: High school Inspiration Hour at 1:00 PM MT – Christmas Extravaganza with games, lip-sync battles, and more!
Canceled – December 11: Burger Meet in St. George, UT (this event was canceled due to new COVID-19 restrictions in Utah)
December 15: All assignments are due by 9:00 PM MT
December 17-18: Final Exams
December 18: Fall Semester Ends
December 21-Jan 1: Winter Holiday