A new way to earn college credit while attending LAU.
LAU has a partnership with Dixie State University (DSU) that allows LAU students to access DSU’s online Concurrent Enrollment (CE) courses. By enrolling in these courses, high school students can earn college credits and fulfill LAU’s graduation requirements at the same time. In addition, LAU students living in Washington County have the option to attend in-person CE classes on the DSU campus in St. George.
DSU’s Concurrent Enrollment courses are open to LAU students in grades 10-12.
Note: There are a limited number of seats available for CE students. Register early, if possible, and add your name to the waitlist if needed.
Where Do I Start?
- Fulfill all DSU prerequisites and CE eligibility requirements as outlined on this page.
- Take an Accuplacer Next-Generation test and/or Aleks math test (for MATH 1050 and above) or provide ACT scores if the course requires it. Check the “Prereq” column in the DSU online course list for details.
- Pay tuition and fees.
Select Courses in SIS
To enroll in a CE course and receive both high school and college credit, students must register for the desired course(s) with both LAU and DSU.
- Log in to your SIS parent account, then use the Registration tab under My Students to select their DSU courses.
Note: In SIS, you are only indicating interest in DSU courses. Additional steps are required to officially apply and register for concurrent enrollment. (See step 3 below.)
Apply to DSU
After you have selected your student’s preferred DSU courses in SIS, your student is ready to apply for concurrent enrollment at DSU.
New students are required to fill out the DSU Concurrent Enrollment application and pay a one-time $35 application fee online.
Once your student is accepted, they will receive an email from Dixie and be assigned an ID number, also known as a “D” number.
Note: DSU CE students must reapply to DSU each fall, however, they will not be required to pay the admission fee again.
Register for DSU Courses
Concurrent enrollment students do not register the same way traditional DSU college students do. Students should work directly with the DSU Concurrent Enrollment team by email or phone to select courses.
- If registering by email, DSU will reply via email if a seat is available, then register your student accordingly.
- Log in to the DSU Main Campus link with D number to view course details. Anything labeled as section 40-49 is an online course.
- Once registered, students can view their classes in their MyDixie account.
Students begin classes through Canvas at www.canvas.dixie.edu on the first day of each semester. Students are required to purchase their own books or pay for an electronic copy as instructed on their syllabus. If applicable, the electronic cost is added to student tuition.
Things to Know
Available Courses & Fees
- View a full list of DSU’s online CE courses along with estimated tuition and fees here.
- Visit the DSU catalog to view detailed course descriptions.
- Browse this list to see which LAU credits DSU Concurrent Enrollment courses will fulfill.
Note: LAU will not pay for texts or reimburse any CE-related costs. Tuition of $5 per credit hour per course and any fees are due prior to the start of classes. Fees can be paid online through your student’s MyDixie account.
Utah System of Higher Education
DSU is part of the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE), so their credits are transferable to all colleges in that system. However, some USHE colleges have different rules for which credits apply toward their general education requirements. For planning purposes, you’ll want to check with the specific college your student plans on attending to see how these courses fulfill their general education requirements.
If your student plans on attending a university outside of the USHE, you’ll want to ensure the credits are transferable before taking a course through DSU.