Your student is preparing to enter a world filled with different causes, values, and adventures vying for their attention. This course is designed to help students learn to identify core values in their lives and to build a life of commitment to the values and people most important in their lives.
Throughout this course, mentors will guide students to learn what commitments are and how to effectively make and keep commitments. Students will explore how building a life on strong core values will enable them to think innovatively and explore solutions “outside the box”. Students will come to understand the value of stretching themselves a little every day–coming to live a life of continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, students will have a better understanding of what values are most important to them personally and how to stand up for those values, even when unpopular. Students will experience incredible growth as they take small steps to consistently expand their comfort zone.
- Why is commitment so important? How can I learn to fully commit to those things I believe in?
- What things do I deeply value in my life? How can I build a life built on deep and lasting values?
- How can stretching beyond my current comfort zone help me live a more enjoyable life?
- How can I develop the courage to always keep my commitments and live according to my values?
- How can I master my words to control my thoughts to improve the results of my life?
Texts and Materials Students Must Purchase
|Moody, Ralph||Little Britches|
- Recommended Grade: 6th, 7th
- Prerequisites: None
- Versions & Estimated Weekly Hours: 6*
- Format: Live
- Credits: 0.5
*Help from parents will be necessary to complete some of these projects. All classes will include supplemental projects and optional readings.