See how LAU can work for you.
Do you already participate in a co-op, commonwealth, or another alternative program? LAU can help fill in the gaps.
This year at LAU and Williamsburg Learning, we have been up and down the state meeting with parents, families, groups, and homeschool leaders. Our travels have been a good reminder that each student, each family, and each homeschool group is unique and has unique needs.
One thing we’ve noticed is that many families participate in learning opportunities outside of LAU that you love and don’t want to give up. For families like yours, LAU is thrilled to announce a new Supplemental Program that can bend and flex to fill in any gaps in your existing curriculum. We’ve designed this program to mesh with the programs you already enjoy, such as co-ops, commonwealths, and private schools. You get to decide how LAU supports you—and you don’t have to sacrifice what’s already working.
Before you get locked down for the year in another program, read below to see how our new Supplemental Program stacks up!
Here’s how our new Supplemental Program works:
First, select your core courses
Choose two of the following courses per semester:
Next, select your bonus courses
Choose 2-3 (for middle school) or three (for high school) of the following bonus courses. You can pick any combo:
- NEW! Funded Independent Course in PE, Fine Arts or Electives (limit 1 per semester)
- NEW! Outdoor Adventures course (available in Logan, Ogden, and Salt Lake & Utah Counties)
- NEW! In-Person Electives Block at an ILC near you (includes 2 electives per semester)
- Elevation Outdoor Course (high school only, limit 1 per school year)
- Online Electives for high school & middle school (including second language, tech, and more)
- Live-online, self-paced, or independent math courses for high school & middle school
- Additional Independent Courses in PE, Fine Arts, or Electives (for credit only)
- Any other course offered by LAU
(If your student is interested in taking the full-time LAU program, read on below to see how much extra value they can get from doing so.)
Finally, get your extra resources
By fulfilling the above steps, your student get the full benefits of studying at LAU, including:
- An LAU Laptop or Chromebook your student can use throughout the year
- All books and materials paid for (including all science materials!)
- In-person events to connect with other LAU students in your area
Or, consider our full-time program
Students in LAU’s full-time academic program must be enrolled in the full set of core courses for their grade level. As a result, these students receive even more value, including the following:
- Enrollment in 2-3 additional core courses per semester
- Books and materials for 2-3 additional core courses