Let LAU help fund your student’s passion.
Starting this fall, LAU will fund activities including martial arts, piano lessons, dance, sports, speech & debate, and more—all from the vendor of your choice.
For the past two years, LAU has been offering credit for Independent Courses in PE, Fine Arts, and Electives. We are thrilled to announce that beginning fall, 2019, LAU will fund one Independent Course for up to $300 of instruction per student, per semester ($600 per student, per year). Qualifying activities include martial arts, piano lessons, dance, sports, speech & debate, and many more!
Here’s how Funded Independent Courses work.
Beginning fall, 2019, LAU will provide one Funded Independent Course per student, per semester for up to $300 per course, providing a $600 total annual value.
Note: Funding can only be used towards one activity per semester. For example, LAU will pay $300 for a student’s karate lessons in fall 2019, but not $150 each for karate and basketball league.
Process for students
The process for students is identical to the process already established in non-funded Independent Courses. Students must:
- Log 60 hours of practice/performance during the semester.
- Complete 4 brief reports, one for every 15 hours of practice/performance.
- Receive instruction at least four times from a person who is qualified as a professional in the field (high school coaches, construction contractors, martial arts instructors, piano teachers, etc.).
Process for parents
- Parents enroll their student in a Funded Independent PE, Fine Arts or Elective course and LAU approves the enrollment.
- Parents invite their chosen vendor to apply to become an approved vendor through LAU.
- Vendor applies for and receives approval through LAU (instructions coming soon).
- LAU pays the vendor in full in a single payment.
Process for vendors
- Review the LAU Vendor Overview – COMING SOON
- Complete the LAU Vendor Application – COMING SOON