As a public charter school, our governing team is comprised of a small group of dedicated, forward-thinking individuals who govern Leadership Academy of Utah (LAU) on behalf of Utah taxpayers. Our board members come from all different backgrounds with a unified passion and interest in alternative, high-quality education.
Responsibilities of the board include:
- Collaborating with other board members to voice ideas, concerns, and make decisions that are in the best interest of LAU families and students
- Upholding LAU’s values, vision, and mission
- Seeking to improve the quality of our school with a focus on students and the long-term
- Volunteering personal time to attend monthly board meetings and occasional ad-hoc meetings
You would make a great governing board member if you:
- Feel passionate about online, alternative and/or leadership education
- Believe in the concept of charter schools as a path toward more freedom and flexibility in education
- Love the Williamsburg model and want to extend the LAU experience to more students throughout Utah
If would like to help govern and support the best online high school in the state of Utah (as rated by Niche.com 2023), we invite you to join the board! You can also nominate someone else whom you think would be a valuable asset to our students.