Following is the schedule of all middle school courses for the Fall ’19 and Winter ’20 semester. In addition to our in-person and live online classes, we offer some self-paced courses, which are listed in the table below. Course listings are also available in SIS under Registration.
For 2019-20, LAU is offering our first-ever in-person courses through Innovative Learning Centers across Utah. (You can learn all the details about ILCs on this page.) In-person middle school courses are available for students in grades 6/7 and 8 and will be offered in two blocks: Core and Electives. The schedule for in-person courses at each ILC is as follows:
Live Online Courses
Please take note of the following:
- All STEM and Humanities courses are offered in Classic and Honors versions. Students in Classic and Honors courses meet in the same live class sessions but Honors students complete roughly 30% more work. You will select either the Classic or Honors version when you enroll in SIS.
- We also offer self-paced second language courses for middle school students. See our Second Language page.
Additional Notes for Live Online Courses
- Fridays are for individual study and mentor office hours. Students should plan on studying several hours most Fridays
- Course mentors and class times are subject to change, depending on enrollment
- Leadership Academy of Utah follows Daylight Savings Time.
|Self-Paced Course||Semester Offered|
|Middle School Photography A||Fall & Winter|
|Middle School Photography B||Fall & Winter|
|Writing 6A||Fall Only|
|Writing 6B||Winter Only|
|Writing 7A||Fall Only|
|Writing 7B||Winter Only|
|Second Language||Fall & Winter|
|6th Grade Math A||Fall & Winter|
|6th Grade Math B||Fall & Winter|
|7th Grade Math A||Fall & Winter|
|7th Grade Math B||Fall & Winter|
|8th Grade Math A||Fall & Winter|
|8th Grade Math B||Fall & Winter|
|Humanities 8A||Fall Only|
|Humanities 8B||Winter Only|