Book ordering that is fast, easy, and paid for directly by LAU
LAU has partnered with Amazon to provide a more streamlined book ordering experience for families. With this partnership, parents can purchase most books and required materials from Amazon and have them billed directly to LAU without any upfront, out-of-pocket expenses.
First-time Orders and Amazon Account Set Up
Log In to Gmail with LAU Email
Open a new tab and log in to Gmail with your student’s LAU email account. If you have multiple students enrolled at LAU, please use your oldest student’s account.
Don’t know your student’s LAU email?
Every LAU student age 13+ has been given an LAU email address. These email addresses are used solely for laptop/Chromebook login and Amazon orders. This email address will be your student’s first and last name separated by a period:
For students under the age of 13, the LAU email address will be assigned to the parent who enrolled them with the number 6 included:
When accessing the email account for the first time, you’ll need an LAU-supplied password. The password can be found in SIS with the books and materials information.
After logging in to the email account for the first time, please create a new password.
If you have problems or the address does not yet exist contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forgot your email password?
Request a “password reset” at email@example.com.
Log in to SIS
Open a new tab and log in to your parent SIS account. Select the student you are purchasing items for and view the current book list.
Note: You must be logged into your student’s LAU email account and your parent account in SIS for the Amazon book ordering process to work.
Access (or Create) Your Student’s Amazon Business Account
With your student’s LAU email and SIS accounts open, you’re ready to log in to Amazon Business.
From your student’s LAU email account click on the cluster of dots in the upper right-hand corner. Scroll and click on the Amazon Business icon. This should bypass account registration and take you directly to your student’s assigned Amazon account.
Remember, accounts for students under the age of 13 will use the assigned LAU parent email.
Sign Up for Amazon Smile – LAU
Amazon donates a portion of its proceeds to nonprofit organizations through the Amazon Smile program. As a nonprofit organization, LAU will receive a portion of sales to benefit our school. To link your student’s account to our Amazon Smile account, please do the following:
- In the Amazon search bar, enter smile.amazon.com
- Select “Leadership Academy of Utah”
Order Books and Materials
Navigate back to your open SIS window. (SIS might require you to re-enter your login credentials.)
- In SIS, go to My Students > Classes to see which books and materials are needed. Order for Fall Semester only. Winter Semester items are approved after November 15th. LAU will not pay for optional or household items.
- For each book or material listed, click the ISBN link shown. Links should take you to Amazon where you can review and add items to your cart. Do this for each needed item. If you have multiple students enrolled at LAU, use the same Amazon account to purchase books and materials. Simply review all of your students’ books and materials lists in SIS, adding each needed item to your cart.
- After books and materials have been added to your cart, proceed to checkout. During the checkout process, you will be asked, “Purchasing for?” In the box provided, add the student name for whom you are logged in to Amazon. If you are purchasing items for multiple students add the remaining student names in the “Comments for approver” box.
- Select Continue.
- Add your address, select your delivery preferences, and submit your order.
- LAU Amazon Business accounts are set up for “Pay by invoice.” Once your order is placed, LAU will review your order. Upon approval, LAU will pay the invoice and your order will be shipped from Amazon. You will be notified of any unapproved items.
Occasionally a student may drop a class after receiving their books. LAU requires that these books are returned to Amazon within a week of the class being dropped if possible since return time is limited. If you are unable to return books to Amazon please return them to LAU at the Clearfield office. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Please follow the instructions below.
For a demonstration of the above steps, see the video below:
- If you’ve previously completed Steps 1-5 above but need to order additional items, please use the same process but eliminate Step 4. Setting up Amazon Smile only needs to be completed once.
- If there is a book or material listed in SIS that is not available via Amazon, you may purchase the item and submit a receipt for reimbursement. Please see our Student & Parent Handbook to learn more.
- If you have multiple students enrolled at LAU but need materials shipped to two different addresses, please complete separate orders for each shipping address.